GSE provides long-term support for individuals working in an on-site supervised environment with a support ratio of up to 1:6. Qualified job coaches work closely with individuals for employment success. (Transportation Available)
ISE provides job assistance for individuals that obtain independent employment. An Employment Support Aide (ESA) provides ongoing one-to-one support for job retention.
Disability Related Employment Services/Work Adjustment Training
This program caters to individuals who wish to gain or maintain employment. Working side-by-side with an Employment Specialist or Job Coach, the individual receives support in resume creation, interview skills and appropriate job-related communications.
Work adjustment training occurs in a natural work setting where people with disabilities are integrated into competitive employment. TCH offers support to the employer during the individual’s employment. The goal of this program is for TCH to eventually fade out of service as the individual maintains independent employment.
- Provide diverse work sites for individuals with disabilities to experience professional relationships within an employment setting.
- Advocate for individuals with disabilities to obtain meaningful and sustainable competitive employment.
- Create awareness through community and business partnerships that foster competitive employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Develop, expand and maintain relationships with local and corporate businesses.
- Assessments and Interest tests
- Interview strategies
- Resume building and updating
- Job searching and networking
- Preparing for and completing applications
- Provide guidance and direction towards employment goals
- Person centered employment plans
- Regular and consistent employment readiness sessions
- Job site support
- Liaison between employers and members
- Customized employment support available up to a year after a member is hired
- Regular check-ins and reviews with the team
- Provide training and education to support employers
- A desire to be employed
- Working towards independence
- Ability to be safe to self and others
- Funded through DES/DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities), Vocational Rehabilitation, Ticket to Work, or private pay
For more information on our Job Training Program, please call TCH Employment Services at (480) 730-4126.